Schedule of Meetings – 2017
Town Commission – 7:00pm Second Monday of the Month
January 9 May 8 September 11
February 13 June 12 October 9
March 13 July 10 November 13
April 10 August 14 December 11
Planning Commission 7:00pm
April 3 July 10 October 9
May 1 August 7 November 6
June 5 September 11 December 4
Zoning Review Board (ZRB) 7:00pm
Meets Every Monday When Needed to Review A Zoning Application
Effective November 15, 2016, New Castle County has assumed issuing Building Permits, Mechanical (HVAC) and Plumbing Permits for the Town of Bellefonte. Below is the process for applying for a Building Permit (For Plumbing and Mechanical, please proceed directly to New Castle County Dept. of Land Use, below):
1 – Zoning Review – The Town of Bellefonte retains approval of Zoning requirements before a Building Permit is issued by New Castle County. This requires a review by the Bellefonte Zoning Review Board (ZRB). This Board meets weekly on Monday evening at 7 pm (as long as there is an application to review). Your application either will be approved or disapproved AND RETURNED TO YOU.
- For a Zoning Review, COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION, and submit it along with a copy of your plans (a mechanical drawing of your parcel, showing the planned development)
- Submit your application and plans electronically by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail or hand-delivery to Bellefonte Town Hall, 901A Rosedale Avenue, Bellefonte, DE 19809. (if you use FedEx or UPS, DO NOT send with SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
- Submission deadline for Monday review is Friday, 5 PM. If received after this time, your review will be scheduled for the following Monday. Bellefonte ZRB reviews are open to the public and you may be at the review to answer questions if you wish. (ZRB meetings are not held on Monday holidays. They will be held on the Tuesday of the same week.)
- Following the review of your plans and application, you will be contacted by the Bellefonte ZRB with the results.
2 – Building Permit Application – proceed with your approved ZRB application and plans to New Castle County Dept. of Land Use:
For “Home Improvements” Click on the Following Link:
New Castle County Government Center
87 Read’s Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Ph: 302-395-5555 (general questions and complaints)
Ph: 302-395-5400 (planning and permitting questions)
(Applications Are Also Available In Clear Rack at Town Hall Entrance)
DO NOT SEND MAIL OR PACKAGES THAT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.
TOWN HALL IS NOT STAFFED AND THIS WILL DELAY OR PREVENT DELIVERY
OF YOUR PACKAGE.
Waste Industries Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste
Collection Schedule for 2017
Click HERE for the 2017 Schedule
Place Containers at the Curb AFTER 7:00pm Thursday
To Report a Streetlight Problem
Go to Delmarva’s Outage Site on Their Website.
It Allows You to Zoom Down to the Actual Streetlight
All Bellefonte Property Tax Questions Should Be Directed to Curt Nass,
Town Treasurer and Tax Collector (Click on Town Commission Above)
Notice is given that the following ordinance was approved by the
Bellefonte Town Commission at its Town Meeting on June 13, 2016:
THE COMMISSIONERS OF BELLEFONTE
An ordinance amending the Bellefonte Land Use Code to:
(1) Repeal Ordinance 2006-03 providing for Building, Plumbing and Mechanical regulations for the Town of Bellefonte, Delaware (the Bellefonte Building and Plumbing Ordinance); and
(2) Adopt the New Castle County Building Code and New Castle County enforcement of said Code in the Town of Bellefonte; and
(3) Revise the Powers and Duties of the Bellefonte Planning Commission to include zoning review and enforcement.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Commissioners of the Town of Bellefonte, Delaware, a majority thereof concurring after careful review, that the following Ordinance is adopted, effective when confirmed by act of New Castle County Council.
Approved: Scott L. MacKenzie, President
Attest: Brandon Dougherty, Secretary
Full text of Ordinance 2016-03 can be found at www.townofbellefonte.com.
Town of Bellefonte, 901A Rosedale Avenue, Bellefonte, DE 19809